You have no idea how much I'm enjoying gathering with you precious ladies each week to discuss this book. Your thoughts and reflections have at times brought me to tears! You are beautiful! I'm so blessed by your sincere, passionate, vulnerable, womanly hearts. Thank you for being a part of this.
And if you're just now joining in? Welcome! The previous chapter posts are all still open for comments and we'd love to hear from you.
Last but not least, did you hear the news?? Author Colleen Carroll Campbell is allowing CYW to interview her for our book club!!!!! I know!!! I'm SO excited! Don't forget to email me your questions and your question may be chosen for the final interview!
Here are the discussion questions for the week:
Chapter 4: A Mother at Heart
Saint Edith Stein believed that each woman has a maternal spirit. What does that maternal spirit look like in you? Colleen writes about the dark side of a woman’s maternal inclinations, when those inclinations are distorted by sin. These negative traits and habits include nagging, manipulation, domineering behavior and gossip. What are some ways you have seen these weaknesses in yourself? What safeguards can you put in place to curb them? Saint Edith also wrote that “objective work” and daily quiet prayer are twin ways to combat these weaknesses. What are a few concrete ways in which you can apply this doctrine to your own life?
Fun question: Which book have you re-read the most times in your life?
Catching up or looking back? Here are the rest of the weeks' links:
Introduction/Note to the Reader
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Thursday, October 30, 2014
1 comment:
Thank you for stopping by CYW! Comments are always welcome, and we appreciate your thoughts. CYW is meant to be a community of like-minded Catholic women, so hearing from our readers always make us smile.
Disagreement is permitted, but we require that some sort of name be attached to the comment rather than simply leaving it anonymous and that charity always be maintained. And, though criticism of a post is acceptable, any derisive remarks about the personal lives of the contributors are considered unacceptable.
Comments are moderated for the sake of our young readers.
God bless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I wish I could be part of your book club, the book sounds amazing and it would be great to converse with you all, but I'm wrapped up in school. I hope you all are being blessed! I hope to read the book in the future. It's so cool you get to talk with Colleen! as to your fun question, I think the 4th elsie Dinsmore book in the series from Mission City Press. It was a really good read, but since the company went out of business, I've had trouble getting the rest of the series.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.amazon.com/Elsies-Stolen-Heart-Book-4/dp/1928749046/ref=sr_1_13?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1415740685&sr=1-13&keywords=elsie+dinsmore
God bless you all,
Sarah :)