---by Katie Marie
Jesus, I want to follow You.
Be the words I speak, the deeds I do.
Jesus, Lord, where You lead I'll go.
With joy and zeal, for You I'll sow.
Holy Spirit, with Your Love, my heart consume.
Because, like John in Elizabeth's womb-
The dream that deep in my heart is kept
At the sound of Your Voice has awakened and leapt.
Like a gift, wrapped with Love
Key to my heart, from Heaven above-
Lord, I implore the highest grace
That through my vocation I'll seek Your Face.
Joyful and peaceful, free I will be
If only I follow Your calling for me.
I beg and I pray to know my vocation
My life I will pour out- become an oblation.
Through the river of discernment I'll go
Hopefully, Your Will to know.
But, no matter the journey
You choose,
Heaven I'll gain and nothing I'll lose.
Katie Marie will be a freshman at Christendom College in August, hopefully studying English and music. She was homeschooled all the way through, and she has a wonderful and loving family. She is a hopeless romantic, although Jesus has been helping her more and more direct that love toward Him and service to others. You can usually find her singing, doing housework, reading, writing, praying, or talking. She is excited to see in what capacity she is called to live out her vocation to love. She prays God's Perfect Will is done in all things.
Monday, July 1, 2013
1 comment:
Thank you for stopping by CYW! Comments are always welcome, and we appreciate your thoughts. CYW is meant to be a community of like-minded Catholic women, so hearing from our readers always make us smile.
Disagreement is permitted, but we require that some sort of name be attached to the comment rather than simply leaving it anonymous and that charity always be maintained. And, though criticism of a post is acceptable, any derisive remarks about the personal lives of the contributors are considered unacceptable.
Comments are moderated for the sake of our young readers.
God bless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Beautiful. :)
ReplyDelete♥ Aspirer
www.heavenly-aspirations.blogspot.com