Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Friendship At First Sight

A few weeks ago, I hinted that I had met another contributor from Catholic Young Woman and would share more soon... "Soon" has come, sweet friends! Are you ready for this?!


Tess and I met for lunch in Washington D.C. last month!

I was preparing for a trip to Baltimore with my man and his family for his little brother's wedding in September when I thought to myself, "Tess lives an hour away in D.C.!" The wheels began turning and the emails began flying back and forth as she and I planned to meet.


I have many friends in the blogosphere that are as real and dear to me as my girlfriends who live near...but how surreal it was to meet one in person! And what a joy! We had a delightful lunch at Union Station with our gentlemen. (The guys were supportive, but I'm not sure they really get the whole blogging thing, you know?) Tess is the real deal, girls. She was completely gracious despite my being much later than we planned! And a great conversationalist--we talked nonstop...so much so that P. and I missed our train! Ahh...adventures...I think Tess and I would both agree we met as fellow writers and left as friends.


If any of you are ever passing through Ohio, I'd love to meet up with you as well! I know a cute little coffee shop down the street... 

1 comment:

  1. Laura, I'm so glad you posted about this! Now I'll have to get my pictures of the day up. :) It was such a pleasure to meet you and spend time with you - hopefully we can do it again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by CYW! Comments are always welcome, and we appreciate your thoughts. CYW is meant to be a community of like-minded Catholic women, so hearing from our readers always make us smile.

Disagreement is permitted, but we require that some sort of name be attached to the comment rather than simply leaving it anonymous and that charity always be maintained. And, though criticism of a post is acceptable, any derisive remarks about the personal lives of the contributors are considered unacceptable.

Comments are moderated for the sake of our young readers.

God bless!