Pages

Friday, March 13, 2015

The Grass is Greener

---by Aspirer

HE > I

Where God is... that's where the grass is greener.

I just want to see His glorious garden.

Right now I'm watering my own little garden, trimming here and there so it can look as much like God's garden as possible. Because I want my garden to be reminiscent of Him. I want people to look at my garden and think, "Wow, you know, her garden reminds me of Someone Else's." So I weed out what's ugly and plant what's beautiful: I'm planting lilies. And pansies. And roses. But sometimes the thorns on the roses prick me and I bleed. However, that doesn't matter since I'll do whatever it takes to get my garden. And sometimes those little episodes are what I need because they make me stronger, more knowledgeable; I'll know that using gloves next time is better, or holding the stem in a certain way keeps me safe from scratches. And the fact that I keep gardening despite these hardships testifies to God that I love Him so much that it doesn't matter if I get hurt. In fact, it proves that my love for His things is stronger because of those hurts.

And maybe some people will uproot some of my garden, or animals will come and eat away what I've planted. But, if I ask, the Master Gardener will notice that I'm struggling, and He'll come over and teach me how to do things right. How to fix those offenses. How to make things truly beautiful. And once my garden is complete, He'll take me to view His own perfect paradise, more vast and more brilliant than anyone's ever seen or heard.

I just have to keep going. As long as I'm faithful to keeping up what I have for love of Him, it'll be beautiful by the time I'm done.

Aspirer is 17 years old, Catholic, and homeschooled with a love for all things pertaining to God's truth and beauty. She considers herself somewhat a tomboy for all her athletic pursuits but certainly enjoys singing, dressing up, and dancing as well. She blogs at Heavenly Aspirations. Join her there with a cup of tea?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by CYW! Comments are always welcome, and we appreciate your thoughts. CYW is meant to be a community of like-minded Catholic women, so hearing from our readers always make us smile.

Disagreement is permitted, but we require that some sort of name be attached to the comment rather than simply leaving it anonymous and that charity always be maintained. And, though criticism of a post is acceptable, any derisive remarks about the personal lives of the contributors are considered unacceptable.

Comments are moderated for the sake of our young readers.

God bless!