Pages

Friday, November 14, 2014

Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale.

This fairy tale has had its share of fire-breathing dragons, damsels in distress, and tangled forests.

And to be honest? It probably will continue to.

But that's okay...“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” 

Our tale?



Once upon a time we met in Summer 2011 at a church picnic. He fell head over heels. I was dating someone else.
The photographer claims she knew it was coming...



I joined as a chaperone for the mission trip in Spring 2012, no longer in a relationship.
Now I fall head over heels for this incredible spiritual leader.
Who also has all the charm of, well, you know, Prince Charming.


So we work together,


We laugh together.


We serve together.


But life gets messy. Really messy sometimes.


We wonder if God is really calling us to play on the same team.


We ask for a little help from our friends...



A lot of time, tears, grace, and growth. Dragons being beaten. Dark forests being traveled. 


And then one day...


This.



He proposes. I say yes. 


And we live happily ever after.
Well, kind of. Because the goal of marriage isn't to be happy...
It's to be holy.
And to get to Heaven, where we'll be eternally happy.
So we're on this journey together with the hope of a happily ever after.
The end.

Just kidding. It's only the beginning. And I'm beyond grateful to be walking this path with this man whom I admire, respect, and love so deeply. What a gift. What an incredible joy and blessing from above. Thank YOU for your faithful friendship as a reader, for staying with me through the storms and sunshine. Please continue to do so, for I treasure you and love sharing life with you. Pray for us and know that I pray for you.


Life is beautiful. 


"Every person's life is a fairy tale written by God's fingers." -Hans Christian Andersen


[Originally published on Life is Beautiful]

9 comments:

  1. So precious! Congrats on your engagement, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Congratulations! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful story - blessings to you and your man, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice and beautiful story too, Congratulations! God bless both of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes, Laura!! How exciting! And what a cute way to frame the story too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much, ladies! I'm deeply joyful and thankful and I pray God uses our story and live to bring others closer to Him.

    Much love and prayers for each one of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! How wonderful!!! I will be praying for you and your new family as you journey through what God has in store for you! God bless you!

    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! I'm so humbled by and grateful for the prayers of others! :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by CYW! Comments are always welcome, and we appreciate your thoughts. CYW is meant to be a community of like-minded Catholic women, so hearing from our readers always make us smile.

Disagreement is permitted, but we require that some sort of name be attached to the comment rather than simply leaving it anonymous and that charity always be maintained. And, though criticism of a post is acceptable, any derisive remarks about the personal lives of the contributors are considered unacceptable.

Comments are moderated for the sake of our young readers.

God bless!