Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Get Ready for This...You're Gonna Love It.

so true!  excuse me while I go make myself a cup of coffee and get my book ;)

Hello sweet sisters in Christ! September is here and autumn is fast approaching (or perhaps already arrived in some of your states!). Many of you are back to the books, whether you're in high school, college, or perhaps a teacher yourself. Though I'm in the working world, half a dozen of my friends are teachers so I feel the end of summer keenly as they busy themselves in the classroom!

No matter where we find ourselves this season, it's always a time for learning. We never outgrow books, do we? I've treasured books since I first learned to read and continue to have a stack by my bed, on my couch, and on hold for me at the local library! What a great gift it is to read, and even more so when the books we choose help us grow closer to Christ and His Church!

Because of my great love for books, I'm ridiculously, over-the-top excited to be sharing with you something new on the horizon for The Catholic Young Woman. In October, we'll begin our very first CYW Book Club! We'll meet up here each week to read a chapter and discuss it via the comments feature. I'll share my own reflection on the chapter as well as some questions to help you reflect and share your thoughts. I hope we can get to know each other better over the pages as we share our hearts and maybe a cup of tea together.

In a couple weeks, I'll announce the title we'll be reading, so stay tuned!

8 comments:

  1. hmm..this sounds lovely! can't wait to see what title you'll choose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited and looking forward to this ! I feel this will strengthen my faith as a young woman to be a part of something along with other young women , who also share my faith as well ! I will check back soon to look for the title so I can follow along !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although my response is quite late, I would love to join. I pre-ordered the book this morning and look foward to share experiences and thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by CYW! Comments are always welcome, and we appreciate your thoughts. CYW is meant to be a community of like-minded Catholic women, so hearing from our readers always make us smile.

Disagreement is permitted, but we require that some sort of name be attached to the comment rather than simply leaving it anonymous and that charity always be maintained. And, though criticism of a post is acceptable, any derisive remarks about the personal lives of the contributors are considered unacceptable.

Comments are moderated for the sake of our young readers.

God bless!