---by Elisabeth Allen from Twenty Three and Soaring
Today I was browsing in the children's section of the bookshop (looking for a nice book to give to a friend's child, just in case you're wondering!) and 'oohing' and 'ahhing' over all the sweet and adorable books! There were some outstandingly lovely ones, I noticed ... and some outstandingly interesting ones too!
As the oldest daughter of a homeschooling family, I've been brought up being homeschooled by my parents and helping to homeschool my siblings. It's a major part of my life and identity! And homeschooling is something I (usually!) can't wait to do with my own children ... imagine teaching them to read and write, introducing them to the beauty of creation and the joy of natural-history, exploring times and places far away through history and geography ...
Looking at some of the outstanding interesting books today, I found myself looking forward to 'someday' when I have my own children and am their mommy and teacher! I'm looking forward to having some sweet little ones and being a young mom ... but more than that I'm looking forward to having some curious and eager young ones and being a homeschooling mom. Assuming (for the sake of this post!) that God has marriage and mommy-hood planned for me one day ... homeschooling mommy-hood is going to be great!
And so - of course! - is being able to browse the children's sections of the bookshop and bring home treasures for the family homeschool library!
Today I was browsing in the children's section of the bookshop (looking for a nice book to give to a friend's child, just in case you're wondering!) and 'oohing' and 'ahhing' over all the sweet and adorable books! There were some outstandingly lovely ones, I noticed ... and some outstandingly interesting ones too!
As the oldest daughter of a homeschooling family, I've been brought up being homeschooled by my parents and helping to homeschool my siblings. It's a major part of my life and identity! And homeschooling is something I (usually!) can't wait to do with my own children ... imagine teaching them to read and write, introducing them to the beauty of creation and the joy of natural-history, exploring times and places far away through history and geography ...
Looking at some of the outstanding interesting books today, I found myself looking forward to 'someday' when I have my own children and am their mommy and teacher! I'm looking forward to having some sweet little ones and being a young mom ... but more than that I'm looking forward to having some curious and eager young ones and being a homeschooling mom. Assuming (for the sake of this post!) that God has marriage and mommy-hood planned for me one day ... homeschooling mommy-hood is going to be great!
And so - of course! - is being able to browse the children's sections of the bookshop and bring home treasures for the family homeschool library!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by CYW! Comments are always welcome, and we appreciate your thoughts. CYW is meant to be a community of like-minded Catholic women, so hearing from our readers always make us smile.
Disagreement is permitted, but we require that some sort of name be attached to the comment rather than simply leaving it anonymous and that charity always be maintained. And, though criticism of a post is acceptable, any derisive remarks about the personal lives of the contributors are considered unacceptable.
Comments are moderated for the sake of our young readers.
God bless!