Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

Letter from Laura



Dear Catholic Young Women,

Merry Christmas season and a happy 2013!! I pray that our great God is pouring out His grace, peace, joy, and hope into your lives and hearts during this holy church season. You all are such a blessing in my life and I truly enjoy being part of the CYW family. :)
My team from a youth service project

As I look back on the year of 2012 in order to write my *ahem* Christmas letter a bit late, the overwhelming thread woven through the year is one of grace and redemption. Our God is always at work in our lives even when we don't see it. I've had some intense joys and intense heartaches this year, but He has redeemed so many of them and I trust Him as He continues to do so.

I think it's fun to get a glimpse into your lives when you comment on posts or email us, so here's a peek into my own life this past year...

Lifejackets can be cool, right?
I am still living in this cute little apartment with my friend A., but we've added an adorable new member to our home: we adopted a little guy named Brogan from the local humane society last January. One look at his puppy face was enough to sucker us in. In March, I fell in love with a man during an impactful mission trip to a migrant town in southern Florida and we began dating. My second precious nephew--and my first godson!--was born in April. I huffed and puffed and thought I was dying ran the Warrior Dash in June-a crazy mud run and obstacle course. It was hilarious and victorious at the same time! In August, I went on our second annual camping trip with my girlfriends. Our campsite is right on the lakefront, so we enjoyed a weekend of swimming, fishing, campfire cooking, and lots and lots of girl talk! September found me in Washington, D.C., meeting our very own Tess at Union Station! November held two very significant events in my life: P felt led to end our relationship (incredibly painful for me) and I was asked to be the Nurse Manager for a new crisis pregnancy center.
Amish country B&B trip

So as we ended the year in December, I found myself holding on to our Lord for dear life, let me tell you! :)

HE is the reason for our hope
(my local adoration chapel)
And let me also tell you-- God. Has. Been. Faithful. Girls, I cannot begin to express how faithful our God is, and how lovingly He has led me through the valleys and mountains of the years, particularly 2012. I pray my life-story can be a testament to His love and redemption, for He truly brings good from all things (Roman 8:28). November and December were powerful months in my heart and mind as I sought to keep Him first despite the challenges of heartache and a new job/ministry. But He has not let me down. Both the breakup and the crisis pregnancy position have been catalysts for His glory and grace to be made manifest. Hopefully I'll be able to share some more details with you in the future but for now, believe me that He is worth trusting and that hope does not disappoint (Romans 5:5).

I've been on a little hiatus from blogging through the holiday season, but I look forward to getting back to it, and especially to reading your Christmas letters on the link-up! Feel free to email me or visit me anytime at my blog!

In joyful hope,

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by CYW! Comments are always welcome, and we appreciate your thoughts. CYW is meant to be a community of like-minded Catholic women, so hearing from our readers always make us smile.

Disagreement is permitted, but we require that some sort of name be attached to the comment rather than simply leaving it anonymous and that charity always be maintained. And, though criticism of a post is acceptable, any derisive remarks about the personal lives of the contributors are considered unacceptable.

Comments are moderated for the sake of our young readers.

God bless!