Friday, November 22, 2013

Discernment Series Postponed

As you may recall from the last post of the Discernment Series, the next promised piece is the story of one sister's journey to religious life.  I've been in contact with a friend, but, very understandably, she's not yet been able to respond with her story.  Still, I am very excited to share it with you and want to reassure you that it is still coming.

With the holidays fast approaching, our lives are becoming increasingly more busy with final projects and exams, Christmas shopping and decorating, family time, etc.  All are very good and beautiful, but I've decided not to finish the discernment series until the new year.  There are two more pieces {including Sister's story} I'd like to publish, so look for them come January.

And in the meantime, I recently came across this beautiful prayer that I intend to pray daily, especially during the upcoming season of Advent.  Perhaps you would like to incorporate it into your own prayer life?


Radiating Christ // The Fragrance Prayer
Blessed Cardinal John Henry Newman

Dear Jesus, 
help me to spread Your fragrance wherever I go. Flood my soul with Your spirit and life. Penetrate and possess my whole being so utterly, that my life may only be a radiance of Yours.
Shine through me and be so in me that every soul I come in contact with may feel Your presence in my soul.  Let them look up and see no longer me, but only Jesus!

Stay with me and then I shall begin to shine as You shine, so to shine as to be a light to others. The light, O Jesus, will be all from You; none of it will be mine. It will be you, shining on others through me. Let me thus praise You the way You love best, by shining on those around me.

Let me preach You without preaching, not by words but by my example, by the catching force of the sympathetic influence of what I do, the evident fullness of the love my heart bears to You.
Amen.

2 comments:

  1. "Radiating Christ" is one of the most beautiful prayers ever. It really puts your priorities straight, doesn't it? <3
    Soooo looking forward to the last vocation story! Thank you, it's been beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by CYW! Comments are always welcome, and we appreciate your thoughts. CYW is meant to be a community of like-minded Catholic women, so hearing from our readers always make us smile.

Disagreement is permitted, but we require that some sort of name be attached to the comment rather than simply leaving it anonymous and that charity always be maintained. And, though criticism of a post is acceptable, any derisive remarks about the personal lives of the contributors are considered unacceptable.

Comments are moderated for the sake of our young readers.

God bless!