Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Sharing My Zucchini Bread...Recipe!

I wrote about learning to share my zucchini bread a few months ago...someone asked if I would also share the recipe itself! So here it is! It's a healthy version that I've modified a little. It's a very forgiving recipe, so feel free to change it even more to suit your tastes. Mmmm...enjoy, and be sure to share!

(by the way, here's a sneak peek on upcoming post: My trip to meet one of the other CYW contributors-- so exciting!!)


Laura’s Favorite Zucchini Bread
 
2 eggs
½ cup honey
½ c olive oil
½ tsp salt
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp cinnamon (I prefer more)
1/3 tsp vanilla
1 medium zucchini (about 1 ½ cups; I sometimes use more)
1 ½ c whole wheat flour
Beat eggs, honey, and oil together. Mix in the rest of ingredients, adding flour last. You may also add nuts if you wish. Bake in a greased loaf pan for 1 hour at 350 degrees. The last time I made it I sprinkled brown sugar on top before baking and it made for a deliciously sweet and crunchy crust.
This recipe was modified and taken from Keepers at Home :Healthy Choices, compiled by Marvin and Miriam Wengerd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by CYW! Comments are always welcome, and we appreciate your thoughts. CYW is meant to be a community of like-minded Catholic women, so hearing from our readers always make us smile.

Disagreement is permitted, but we require that some sort of name be attached to the comment rather than simply leaving it anonymous and that charity always be maintained. And, though criticism of a post is acceptable, any derisive remarks about the personal lives of the contributors are considered unacceptable.

Comments are moderated for the sake of our young readers.

God bless!